CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Scottish Government Covid-19 booster vaccine plan in a nutshell
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
A further booster vaccination will be offered to those at highest risk of the Covid-19 disease from September, in line with other nations in the UK.
Following final advice on the autumn/winter booster programme from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), the following groups will be offered an additional dose in a community clinic:
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults;
- frontline health and social care workers;
- all adults aged 50 years and over;
- those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women;
- those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression; and
- carers aged 16-49 years
Where possible, these boosters will be given at the same time as the flu vaccination to those who are eligible.
Find out more about the announcement from the Scottish Government at www.gov.scot/news/autumnwinter-covid-19-booster-programme/