Fire services called out after reports of gas leak in Aviemore
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said there was no sign of a gas leak in the centre of Aviemore following investigations this morning.
The concerns followed reports of a strong smell of gas which could be detected across a large part of the village.
It is understood that Mountain Warehouse at the Aviemore shopping centre had to close its doors for a while as the smell was so strong.
Firefighters have since investigated and reported that there was no sign of a gas leak in the vicinity.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We were alerted at 11.07am today to reports of a smell of gas on Grampian Road in Aviemore.
"Operations control mobilised one appliance to the scene where firefighters investigated the area.
"There was no sign of a gas leak and crews left at 12.11pm."
A number of people reported smelling gas in the centre of Aviemore earlier today on local social media.
Iain Gemmill said: "It's reeking all over town."
Keri Alexander said: "Ah, I did wonder what the foul smell in the air was here at Myrtlefield,"
Clive Rose posted: "I thought I could smell gas on the way down to the hospital but then I thought there's no mains gas in Aviemore."