Highland and Islands Police Division issues warning after an emerging crime pattern shows that burglars are targeting places of worship and secluded business properties in Strathspey and Badenoch and the rest of the region
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
Places of worship and secluded business properties are being targeted by Highland burglars, it has been revealed.
Police Scotland's Highland and Islands Police Division is seeing an emerging crime pattern of such crimes across the Highland area.
A spokesman said that owners of such premises should:
• review their security arrangements;
• check that CCTV is working;
• remove all valuables from premises when not in use;
• carry out checks of the premises out with operating hours;
• record unusual vehicles in the area;
• speak to neighbours;
• report concerns;
• register the property at the Immobilise website.