Home   Sport   Article

Frustrations for all over a wet weekend

By Staff Reporter

Both local clubs saw their games postponed at the weekend.
Both local clubs saw their games postponed at the weekend.

ONLY four games made it through the horribly wet Saturday that afflicted most of Scotland – three in the south and only one in the north.

The one north fixture that did survive was at Smith Park, Farr, where Boleskine defeated Lewis Camanachd 5-0 in North Division Two.

James Anderson opened the scoring on five minutes, then Ross Anderson extended the lead on 31 minutes.

Neil Hope destroyed any last hope for the visitors with the third on 57 minutes, then Ross Anderson finished them off with two more to complete his hat trick on 68 and 75 minutes.

Down in the South Division One, Calum McLay's treble saw Glasgow Mid Argyll beat Col Glen 3-0 at Peterson Park, while Tayforth strengthened their hold on second spot courtesy of a 3-2 win over third-placed Lochside Rovers at Peffermill, despite going 2-0 down to strikes from David Lafferty and Evan MacLellan on 20 and 36 minutes respectively.

Tayforth, however, left it extremely late to come back with a first strike by Finlay Stark on 74 minutes and the equaliser on 80 minutes from Donnie Forbes before the initial scorer inflicted the Stark truth of defeat on Lochside on 85 minutes.

In South Division Two, bottom club Ardnamurchan registered their first points of the season with an overwhelming 7-0 defeat of second-bottom Bute at Ardnamurchan High School.

Craig MacDonald opened the scoring in eight minutes, followed by Neil Mellis on 27 minutes. Aaron Mellis added the third on the half hour, followed by Calum Ritchie five minutes later.

Neil Mellis got his second on 39 minutes then Ritchie claimed his second a minute after the restart to make it six.

Aaron Mellis rounded things off with his second strike on 71 minutes.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More