Home   News   Article

Staff extinguish electrical fire at Aviemore restaurant


By Gavin Musgrove


Staff put out a small electrical fire on the frontage of an Aviemore restaurant last night whilst diners watched on from inside.

A sign on the front of La Taverna caught alight at around 7.30pm.

No-one was injured.

The small blaze which broke out on the electric sign at La Taverna restaurant
The small blaze which broke out on the electric sign at La Taverna restaurant

The small blaze was put out by restaurant staff.

One onlooker said that a couple of customers had also assisted.

Fire appliances from Kingussie and Aviemore attended at the scene.

A spokeswoman for La Taverna said: "Thank you to everyone who has offered kind words and support and to the local fire services team after a small outside signage fire at Taverna.

"Our staff acted with great professionalism ensuring everyone was safe , calling the local fire brigade and extinguishing the fire.

"Our team do undertake full health and safety training.

"No one was injured and the restaurant is open as normal."

Customer Anne McLachlan posted online: "They (the staff) were absolutely brilliant. The service didn’t stop and everything was dealt with in a professional manner."

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Two fire appliances were mobilised following the incident, however, the fire was already extinguished prior to the arrival of the crews."



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More