The second part of travel writer Ron Smith's journey on the trail of German composer Johann Sebastian Bach....
Published: Fri 02 Feb 2018
Each year the central German region of Thuringia hold a Bach week - although as there are concerts on all year round, it is worth going there at any time as travel writer Ron Smith discovered......
Published: Fri 19 Jan 2018
Namur is in the French speaking part of Belgium, and is know for its massive fortress, and war, but it is much more than this.
Published: Fri 12 Jan 2018
Part 2 of Ron Smith's story about Leeuwarden, the capital of the Friesland region of the Netherlands.
Published: Fri 29 Dec 2017
Leeuwarden is the capital of the Friesland region of the Netherlands. Read part 1 of travel writer Ron Smith's story of his visit there.
- Concerns Highland Council will be unable to provide extra childcare hours
- Badenoch and Strathspey targeted in 'HMRC' scam
- Farmers and crofters can go online to complete form
- £100,000 appeal launched to help repair erosion on popular Cairngorms ascent
- £500,000 windfall to help Tomatin community hub bid
- Highland Council agrees £500m works programme but more money needed
- Highland Council pledges to review bus services to protect vulnerable from cuts
- Conservationists demand action after another golden eagle vanishes in Monadhliath Mountains
- Action needed to tackle fall in police special constables, MSP warns
- Families in the Cairngorms being pushed into fuel poverty by biomass problems