Published: 24/08/2012 11:13 - Updated: 24/08/2012 11:22

Dog died after swallowing electric plug

Henry's x-ray - he later had to be put down
Henry's x-ray - he later had to be put down

A woman has admitted failing to seek veterinary attention for her dog after he swallowed an electrical plug following a Scottish SPCA investigation.

Janette Milne, 28, of Rosehaugh Road in Inverness, pled guilty to the offence at Inverness Sheriff Court on Thursday.

Sentence was deferred.

Senior Inspector Gill MacGregor said: "We are pleased Milne has admitted this offence.

"Henry was in extremely poor condition when I visited Milne's property in August 2011 and, after being taken to a vet, an x-ray revealed he had ingested an electrical plug and cable.

"Milne had failed to seek the veterinary treatment Henry desperately needed and, as a result, he was caused a great deal of pain and suffering.

"Unfortunately, Henry's condition was so advanced that the vet had no option but to put him to sleep.

"It is now up to the court to decide on an appropriate punishment for Milne."

< Back
Reddit Facebook Digg Del.icio.us Twitter Bebo

 

Today's Features